Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Wiping out on freezing rain

There was freezing rain overnight. On Monday morning, I headed out the door and to my car, trying to get to work.

I didn't realize that there was freezing rain on the driveway. I walked, lost my balance, and wiped out. I haven't wiped out in nearly a decade.

The good news is that my fall wasn't bad. I landed on my left hip, towards the back where the fleshiest part of it is. I was holding my hat with my mittens inside it in my left hand. When I landed, the stuffed hat acted as a cushion.

I told my guy that at work through text messages. He works from home most days.
"Glad you're okay. Are you at work or did you stay home?" he asked me.
"Yes, I made it to work," I replied.
"Take it easy. Thank goodness you're working from home on Tuesday and Wednesday," he replied.
He's sweet when he's concerned.

We are trying to get together this weekend. We like getting a hotel room. It's fun and enjoyable when we do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh good to know you're ok, and no major damage was done. I dread the muscle aches the next day after a fall tho, so it IS good that you're working from home the next couple of days.

    heal up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I am not all that achy. Just my forearm is a tad sore, but it's not all that noticeable. I'm glad that it wasn't a major fall. It did take me by surprise!

      Delete