Saturday, October 22, 2016

Betta fish and personalities

I have two betta fish. I am glad that I got them after being a petless person for over a decade.

One of my bettas is named Bubbles. He does just that -- builds bubbles all around him. I have been told that he is simply a happy camper.

I am not crazy about the fish tank that I bought for him. It claimed to be easy to clean, but it truly isn't and doesn't filter well. On Friday, I decided to get another one. This one actually has a filter, so I hope that Bubbles continues to live up to his name.

My other betta is named Max. His longer name is Betta Max. Yep, I named him after technology from years past, but it is a play on words. My guy has nicknamed him Coolio. He simply lounges around and chills.

They have distinct personalities. I love them both.

It's nice seeing them swim as close to me and stare. They are probably more interested in being fed than my watching them swim gracefully towards me. I am just glad that they are my pets.

5 comments:

  1. I loved that you named one of them Betta Max. Thats so cute. And yes i AM that old. Lol. I dont have pets either. I dont think im ready for that kind of commitment. Good on u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Age is only a number. I never owned a Betamax. I wish that I did and heard that it was much better than the VHS tapes that I grew up with.

      Yes, it's a bit easier having fish as pets. I don't think that I could handle a dog or cat!

      Delete
    2. my ex and i adopted two dogs. she did most of the work. again, commitment like that is JUST not for me. maybe a fish. hmmm.. with a tank that doesn't need cleaning. maybe...

      Delete
  2. LOL CB...yes, I am old enough to understand Betta Max also. Can't have fish around here...my cats would find a way to go fishing. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely need to avoid having fish around your cats. They'd be happy to have some snacks, but you don't exactly want to reduce the number of pets that you own!

      Delete