Tuesday, June 04, 2019

My barista and Stronger

I have a cheerful story to share. It happened to me on Monday evening. I will back up a bit.

On Saturday, I visited my local cafe. I went through the drive-thru and chatted with one barista who has always been kind to me. I asked whether he had the weekend off. He did, except that he was representing this cafe in a barista competition. Wow! He is the best in this city. I was impressed!

I wished him good luck. He suggested that I follow this cafe on Instagram. I did.

I found out late on Sunday night that this barista won the entire competition! I was so happy and proud of him.

On Monday evening, I went through the drive-thru of this cafe to pick up my beverage and he was there.
"Congratulations!" I exclaimed, which made him happy.
"Thank you so much!" he said, humbly.
"Hey, she found out pretty fast," said his colleague.
We had a decent chat about his experience. I am so happy that he got such a well-deserved award. I am glad that I deal with the best.

As for me, Monday was a crazy day at work, which led to my forgetting to attend a dinner. I thought that it was on Tuesday. Oops! Instead, I got a hot dog from Costco and a chocolate sundae from McDonald's.

I am more upbeat today, thanks to listening to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger." I will elaborate more on what has happened over the past week shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment