Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Blocking an annoying friend

I have a friend who has been getting on my nerves for the past few months. I have decided to block him on Instagram.

The latest annoyance was my sharing the good news about being fully vaccinated. He went into technicalities after congratulating me that to be fully vaccinated requires the vaccine to be in my body for fourteen days.

I am fully aware of that fact. Why do people need to put a damper on a momentous occasion? I will hit fourteen days. I told him off and then blocked him.

His wife and I get along. It'll be interesting if they compare notes down the road where he can't see any of my posts and she can. I don't care at this stage.

He is the same guy who constantly asks me questions as if it were an interrogation. At least that has stopped that nonsense for now.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you. People who constantly attempt to 'bring you down' just aren't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. I don't like that negativity.

      Delete
  2. oh I hate those sorts. Good for you on blocking. I think I've reached the age in my life where I'm no longer apologetic for cutting off people. If I've blocked or deleted someone, then obviously something about them upset me and so I have a right to NOT want to be connected to them anymore. And if someone wants to know WHY i've blocked them, then come ask me. Most of the time it's not sudden - often I've already told them I'm not comfortable with their style of comments / questions etc and if they continue the same way, then well, I see no reason why I should feel bad for blocking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with everything you have said. It's not worth continuing to be connected to someone who drives me crazy. I deleted someone on another social media platform and I am much happier not dealing with her nonsense.

      Delete