Wednesday, December 23, 2020

My friend checking into a hospice

My dear friend wrote to me in the wee hours yesterday morning. She was to be air-ambulanced from Houston to a hospice later on that day. She should be there by now.

It is painful that she started her year being able to walk, went for cancer treatment during the summer, and ended up paralyzed a few months later thanks to an aggressive form of Leukemia.

I'm on vacation, but have been reading up on this horrible disease. The thought of losing her is scary and normal. I am trying to be as supportive as I can be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear. It must be pretty scary for her to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Her life has changed so dramatically, but she is handling things well under the circumstances. Thank goodness her family has been there for her.

      Delete