Wednesday, October 17, 2018

New laptops and preparation differences

Every employee at work is getting a new laptop to replace his current one. The last time I got a new laptop was a good five years ago.

I dropped my laptop a few years back at home on hardwood. One of the corners of the screen pops out now and again. I am so ready for a new laptop!

My guy has never got a new laptop since our past company was acquired by our current one. He has been concerned about being passed over. I have sent him whatever e-mails come my way to him on replacement laptops.

I finally got my confirmation e-mail to indicate that my new laptop is being prepared. I asked my guy if he got his. He did.

For months now, we have received instructions to move our files to cloud storage, which is supposedly to make the transition from one laptop to another as smooth as possible. Naturally, I am in good shape. With my guy, the reason why he hasn't picked up his new laptop is because he is finally getting around to moving his massive number of files to the cloud.

I have a feeling that I will get my new laptop before he does. He's so predictable, as am I. He does everything late. I am the planner who is prepared. We wouldn't have things any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment