Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sort of celebrating Valentine's Day

My guy and I haven't exactly celebrated Valentine's Day since we've been seeing each other. Last year, he was on the road for work. We exchanged e-cards and e-mails, which we both loved.

We're not the type of folks who must celebrate our love, affection, and friendship on one specific day of the year. We try and do it all as consistently as we can throughout the year, as most couples tend to do.

I wasn't at work on Valentine's Day this year. My guy was in the office helping a client. It was a complete reversal from last year.

On the 13th, I decided to give my guy a couple of small gifts when we were in the office. One was a box of Lindt chocolates. They were solid milk chocolate hearts. I had visited the Lindt factory outlet a couple of weeks ago. I was in heaven. I couldn't resist getting all things chocolate.

The other gift was something that we had discussed in the past. I got him a USB battery charger. He is always on the road and his cell phone seems to be on its last charge at all times.

My guy liked both gifts. The battery charger reminded him of a vibrator. It does look like one. He also hinted that he wouldn't use it to charge his vibrator, either. Funny!

My guy came back to my desk and handed me a pyramid-shaped tin of Toblerone chocolates. Can you tell that we both have a thing for chocolate?

I wasn't expecting what my guy had up his sleeve.

We called it a day at the office, packed out stuff up, and headed to the elevators. We got an empty one.
"Happy Valentine's Day!" he said to me, as we hugged. He kissed me on the cheek. I reciprocated.
We walked out to the parking lot.
"Where are you parked?" he asked me.
"I'm there," I said, pointing about five cars down from where we were standing. "You?"
"I'm here," he pointed, which was a car away from us, in front of the building's main doors.
"Did you get to work super early?" I asked him.
"No," he said with a smile. "I went out for lunch."
My guy has a secretive side to him. We are similar that way. He looked around briefly.
"Come over here," he said, walking to his car's trunk.
My guy normally pops his car's trunk open to put his laptop bag in there. Today, he did something different.
"These are for you," he said.
It has been a long time since I have received a dozen roses. He completely surprised me.


I loved that the bouquet had handles! The roses were pretty. I thanked him for them.

My guy is truly a sweet man. We are both practical folks. Roses don't exactly last too long. He had thought about getting me a practical gift, which we both know that I like. However, he wanted to make me feel special by giving me roses. He succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment