Thursday, December 29, 2022

Feeling better, but my congestion is difficult to predict

I am on the mend. My congestion seems to be up and down, though. Yesterday, I was breathing well for most of the day. It seems to get worse at night, a few hours before I'm ready to call it a day and sleep.

Today, my congestion was different. I felt great until late afternoon. I do have a decongestant in spray form, which has worked wonders. I am breathing well right now.

I still have a cough, but it's mild. Today, I went to get a backup bottle of Pei Pa Koa, a Chinese cough and throat syrup. Oddly, it's sold out at my usual stores. However, I can get it online through Amazon.

We live in such a weird world. Cough and cold medication is scarce in my area thanks to kids getting sick and the supply can't catch up with the demand.

Here's hoping that things get better.

2 comments:

  1. I like to use Xlear nasal spray. Also, Emergen-C dry, in small amounts on the tongue. It foams up and goes into the throat, where it can provide some relief. About a quarter T spoon at a time. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, RP. I couldn't find either of them yesterday when I was at the drugstore. Perhaps they are only available stateside, so I'll make a note of them when I'm back later this month.

      I got Zicam a couple of months ago when I was in the Twin Cities and it worked nicely. I just finished that bottle, so I got Drixoral. It works great, but takes a bit longer than Zicam to kick in.

      Delete