Monday, February 10, 2020

Weird text conversation

I sometimes wonder about my new love interest. He says things that kind of make me wonder why.

Here's an example in the form of texts:
"Babe, what are we going to talk about?" he texted.
"What an odd question," I texted back.
"Yeah, I think so. I'm going to bed early," he wrote.
"Okay, what time were you thinking of turning in?" I asked.
"Soon. I don't have a time yet," he wrote.
Okay, perhaps he's not a natural conversationalist, but it's not like we have a set agenda when we start a conversation. You take a topic and you run with it. Yesterday, I found out that it was national pizza day and I didn't know. I ended up getting a pizza before knowing about this tidbit. So, we talked about it.

The other thing is that if you typically want to go to bed early, you have some idea as to when you want to go to bed. It was weird that he finally said soon. Twenty minutes later, we said goodnight.

Weird. Maybe it'll make sense to me later. Right now, it just seems odd all around.

4 comments:

  1. this would set off all my alarm bells. i get very uncomfortable when the conversation doesn't make sense to me. it's probably one of the most important things to me relationship-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't tell if it was an off night where he was sick and wasn't focused, or if he like that. It was weird. We'll see if it was a one-off incident.

      Delete
  2. Maybe he would not have been so weird if you had suggested talking about sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. We've talked about sex before and he wasn't weird. Then again, we shouldn't always be talking about sex to make him stop being weird!

      Delete