Saturday, September 07, 2013

Rough times for my guy

I could sense that something was wrong with my guy on Wednesday.

I briefly saw the back of his head in the communal lunch room. He didn't come to visit me. That was unusual for him.

He eventually did come over to his cubicle at 6 pm. We chatted along with another colleague. I then asked him if he had a moment to chat. He did. We went into a conference room and closed the door.

Sure enough, my guy is going through a tough time both at work and with how he feels about himself. He openly spilled what was wrong, which he wouldn't have been the case two years ago. He's a moody guy, but we both seem relieved talking it out.

I told him that he was my best friend. He said that it was mutual. He appreciated that I am always there for him and that I am understanding.

Needless to say, now is not the best time for us to engage in treehouse time. However, I had to squeeze his hand and tell him that all would be okay. I also got to caress him freshly shaven head. He felt good after I had done that.

We had planned to go out for dinner on Thursday night to talk some more. It did help that we had spent an hour talking things through at work.

He'll be okay. Time tends to help sort such things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment