Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Opposites attract to a certain degree - expenses and timesheets

My guy and I get along because we are similar. There are a few exceptions, though. One of them is doing expense reports.

I am diligent when it comes to completing expense reports. I just want to get them over with, get my money back, and move on.

Then, there's my guy. 

Yesterday, he told me that he has four trips to expense. He spent some of his evening completing two of them.
"I hate doing expenses. I have to find all my receipts and enter them all," he complained.
"I don't mind helping you, provided that your money gets deposited directly into my bank account," I stipulated.
He chuckled. We are complete opposites when it comes to expenses. 

Similarly, when it comes to logging our time in our corporate timesheet application, I do mine every Monday and I don't have to think about it for the rest of the workweek. My guy forgets about doing his timesheet all the time, often getting warnings that he needs to do it after a month has elapsed.

He's sweet. I love who he is.

2 comments:

  1. I would be like your guy if it wasn't for the fact that my company will put you on a "list" if you don't submit your expense reports and/or timesheets on time. They then will ding you on performance reviews with those lists. Tell your guy to start carrying an envelope in his computer bag and get into the habit of putting all his receipts in that envelope each day...does help with expense reports. Also creating recurring reminders for exp and timesheet each week helps.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a calendar reminder to do my timesheet. He's horrible at setting them, but I will nudge him about it.

      Luckily, not doing your timesheet depends on the goals set for your performance reviews. In his case, it doesn't matter to his manager. In my case, my boss keeps track of everyone in a crazy spreadsheet. Luckily, I don't have any problems doing mine. =)

      Delete