Monday, June 09, 2014

I is for indoors working extra work hours on a beautiful Saturday at the office, but not too busy to share a story about crossing paths

I must admit that it is a challenge to think of a topic that starts with the letter i. For the past couple of weekends, the weather has been warm and sunny, on the whole. It feels like early summer.

The sad thing is that I have been working on the weekends, due to crazy deadlines at work. So, I spend most of my time indoors, in front of my laptop, writing away.

I had originally written this post for the letter b, to represent busy. I decided to save it, so it has become what I am doing right now. I am indoors, posting this blog post!

My guy returned from his trip last Wednesday. This conversation that I am about to post took place last Saturday. I was at work, putting in extra hours, and he called. It made being the only person at work seem much more bearable.

Last Saturday, it was a beautiful, sunny day in Toronto. It was 22°C and I was stuck indoors. I am still deficient in vitamin D.

At the office, I sit by the window. Last Saturday, I still got to see the sun for a bit. The air conditioning was effective. I wasn't interrupted my other writers asking me question after question like I normally get. I don't mind that, but not when we are all trying to meet a deadline or two. I could hear myself think. I was a pleasant change.

My guy pinged me on Skype at around 18:00. As always, I enjoy talking to him. He was in a chatty mood. I love hearing what he has to say.

He told me that he had visited a museum in Zagreb on Saturday. It was a unique one in which folks talks about stories pertaining to the artifacts on display. One was a stiletto shoe.

My guy was explaining that two childhood sweethearts had loved each other since they were ten years old. They dated throughout high school, but then broke up.

Twenty years or so later, the girl moved to Amsterdam and worked as a dominatrix in the red light district. A man came in and wanted to be dominated. She told him to lick her stiletto. He didn't hesitate and did so.

It took her some time, but she recognized who he was. It was indeed her childhood sweetheart. They started to talk. He explained to her that he had always been submissive, as his dad used to beat him as a child. He was now married with a couple of children. Yet, he needed an outlet to explore his submissive side.

They never saw each other after that night. She gave one of her stilettos to this museum. The other one, she kept as a cherished souvenir.

I like that story. I need to visit that museum. It sounds so different and intriguing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment