Friday, April 11, 2014

Chatting and being good

I had one of the best chats in weeks with my guy last Friday. He was in Brussels for business for a week and we connected on Skype.

As you know, my guy is going through a bout of depression. Our conversation last Friday felt great -- like every good chat tends to be. We talked about what happened in our day or week, joked, teased each other, and conversed about what was on our minds.

He told me that he was happy. I could tell from his tone that he was. It was definitely an encouraging sign.

The last part of our conversation was great:
"Well, it's midnight here, so I should go to bed and get up in about six hours to catch my flight. You be good, okay?" he said, which I haven't heard in a long time.
"Being good is difficult for me," I said.
"I know," he replied. "That's why I always have to remind you."
"You always tell me that I'm a bad girl, so being good isn't easy."
"You know what happens to bad girls like you, right?"
I do. I hope that he will do something about it to this bad girl.
"Be good," he signed off.
"I'll try."
I will try not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment