Thursday, August 24, 2017

Stress - need a mental health day

I feel achy. Physically, I feel a dull ache all over my body towards the end of the day. It's such an odd feeling. It has persisted for a couple of days now.

I have a feeling that it is stress-related. One of my students is wrapping up her workterm on Friday. My other two students end their term the following week. I go back to handling everything until folks come and relieve me.

Next workterm, I only have one student. I also have one full-time person taking over most of my duties, but she needs to clear a background check. This check can take weeks.

I am supposedly moving on to do process work. However, my manager continues to dump ridiculous tasks on me. I truly don't have time to do work that he can easily do.

Tomorrow, which is really today, I am taking a sick day. I need a mental health break. I also need a physical one.

It is important to listen to what your body is saying. Mine is screaming for some rest. I can also tell that it is stress-related when the left side of my neck gets tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment