Monday, August 28, 2017

Changing spending habits is tough

For a while, I have been trying to reduce costs. I am good in some areas, but horrible in others.

Years ago, I decided to get rid of all my magazine subscriptions. I am glad that I did. It was a waste of paper and money subscribing to them when I could read everything I wanted to online.

I had two cell phones. I didn't need two phone numbers. I am down to a single cell phone.

I introduced my parents to a cell phone and paid for that, too. I looked at how often they use it, which is minimal. I ended up switching their monthly plan to a pay-as-you-go one.

I am horrible when it comes to purchases. Some months, I am perfectly fine sticking to a budget. Other times, I see items on sale and I buy them. Do I really need them? Sometimes, I do. Most of the time, I don't.

Even though I do have lapses from time to time, I am doing fairly well on the whole. My guy, who is both a good shopper and an optimizer, thinks that I am doing pretty well. He feels that my having a lapse here and there is understandable. I appreciate that support.

No comments:

Post a Comment