Monday, August 21, 2017

Fiddling with an old BlackBerry from my past

A few years ago, I had a BlackBerry Bold as my cell phone. It was my phone for three solid years.

I am not a business-savvy person. I didn't sell it. Instead, it just sat there in a desk drawer.

A few months ago, I found it. I decided to charge the phone and see what it would do. It booted up fine, still remembering that I was last signed in on October 12, 2012.

The battery doesn't hold a charge all that well. At most, it lasts a full day without doing much. In the past, I could go four days of medium usage before I truly needed to charge it. Ah, the beauty of not having a touchscreen!

Last night, I decided to unlock the phone. You can do it for free. It works fine with my new current cell phone provider, except that my e-mail can't be fetched.

I decided to get a new battery for the phone. I should get it sometime this week in the mail.

As much as I love my Google Pixel phone, part of me likes the idea of having a smaller phone with only the basics that I need. The e-mail part doesn't work right now. It doesn't bother me. I am good with the phone and text messages working. If I truly need to use e-mail, I can always use the browser to access it.

It's sort of my side project to figure out what works and what doesn't with this phone these days.

The funny thing is that I also have an iPhone 3G. We'll see what I end up doing with that phone!


No comments:

Post a Comment