Thursday, July 13, 2017

Reminiscing about my eyesight these days

I have been nearsighted since I was sixteen years old. The nice part about my nearsightedness is that it has never been a horrible prescription.

For a few years after getting my first pair of glasses, I could still get away with not wearing my glasses all the time. It wasn't until I got my first pair of contact lenses towards the end of my undergraduate years that I embraced my prescription.

I have been working from home these past couple of days. On Wednesday, I did a quick outing. I hopped in my car and drove off.

It wasn't until I was at the stop sign at the end of my street that I realized that I wasn't wearing my contact lenses. I was letting my eyeballs breathe. I didn't have my glasses with me, either. Yet, my sight was pretty good. I continued to drive to run my errand and was fine.

My right eye has gone through an eye stroke back in March. It's amazing how far I have come. My eyesight these days reminds me of being sixteen years old again. It's neat. I am just glad that I'm not that age!

No comments:

Post a Comment