Saturday, July 08, 2017

Eating my way through Friday and getting soaked in a downpour

I ate my way through Friday. Needless to say, I am pretty full right now!

At work, we have a special lunch at the beginning of each month. Those who have birthdays during that month get lunch paid for by the company. I end up expensing these lunches, although I have trained another writer to help me out.

We went to an East Indian restaurant. The food was good. However, it was strange that we all had to dip into a small, communal salad. It was definitely a different experience.

What I didn't like was that the server showed me an itemized list of what we had ordered on her iPad mini, which was the list of items that I would ultimately expense. However, when she printed out this itemized list, a gratuity was added. I noticed this after I had paid for our meals and included a tip. I ended up double-tipping. Ugh! So much for disclosing this detail...

After work, I decided to take part in a local ribfest. I haven't been for several years. It has changed venues. I got a ribs and chicken combo, with cornbread and baked beans as sides.

Unfortunately, I got caught in a downpour of rain. It was to the point where I had to take shelter in a restaurant. My entire front-facing self was soaked in rain. The backside of me was completely dry!

So, I waited in the lobby of this restaurant (I don't know what the name is, but I must thank the place for housing me and others) for forty minutes. I was going to eat my dinner at home. However, all this waiting made me hungry. It was a first for me to eat food that was not offered in the restaurant in said restaurant's lobby.

The food was delicious. When I noticed that the rain was easing and the sun was starting to break out, I headed out to my car. I was parked a couple of huge blocks away. I had to walk through a flooded part of the parking lot. Oh, joy!

There is never a dull moment in my life, especially when it comes to eating yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment