Sunday, November 19, 2017

USB C cables have many uses

One of the first errands that I had to run on Saturday was a stop at the gas station. I needed to fill up my car with gas to actually get on with my day!

A while back, I spotted a new technology section at this gas station chain. There were tons of USB cables. It makes sense, as many of us have phones and tablets. We need to stay connected, even on the road.

In the past, I have owned phones that either use a lightning cable (iPhone) or a micro USB cable (Blackberry). I own a Google Pixel phone. Naturally, it is special and needs a USB C cable.

Guess what? This gas station sells them for $10. Wow! That's a deal compared to how much they sell for at other electronic stores.

I took the plunge and purchased the USB C cable. There were only two colours: black and hot pink. Considering that all my USB cables tend to be boring black, I went with the hot pink.

Let me say that this cable works well. It's one of those flat cables. All the ends are protected. It charges and syncs my data nicely.

I bought a crappy USB C cable several months ago. Depending on the angle at which you insert the cable, it either charges my phone or decides to go on strike.
"What should I do with this useless cable?" I asked my guy.
"I can tie you up with it and spank you," he suggested.
I suppose that I'm keeping it.

4 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT! cables (and anything that can be used for tying, really) will never go unwanted around these parts!

    Enjoy the cable-tie. LIterally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you found a good deal, CB. You and your guy have so many creative ideas for pervertables. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete