Wednesday, November 15, 2017

High Sierra upgrades

Yesterday, I was planning to write a post. However, High Sierra was calling my name, so I had to attend to it.

To put things into perspective, High Sierra is the latest Apple operating system. Generally, when I upgrade, I don't experience anything crazy. I do, however, have that anomaly a few years back. My Mac mini would not boot up after the installation and I had to visit a Genius Bar to get it fixed.

My Mac mini is getting up there in years. I'd say that it is nearly seven years old. So, the upgrade took longer than I had anticipated. It was well over two hours, from download to installation.

I actually had the installation run and I hopped into bed.

I woke up the next day and my Mac mini was operational. Yay!

I also have a Macbook Air. I just finished upgrading the operating system on it. It's a newer device in comparison. It took under two hours.

All is well. It's nice to blog again. I still need to figure out all the new features that I haven't got a clue about!

2 comments:

  1. Happy you didn't have any issues with your upgrades, CB. Tell your guy you deserve a reward for successfully upgrading not one but two devices! :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, too, Cat! Yes, he needs to know how smoothly the upgrades went, because I am geeky and good. =)

      Delete