Friday, November 17, 2017

Meeting going at a snail's pace

Work is enjoyable again, except for one member of our team who has been there for a good four years. He talks a lot. He is a scatterbrain. He copies the world on every single e-mail. He's not the most productive colleague.

On Wednesday, he pinged me on our work instant messaging app. He told me that he was in a meeting and asked if I could join. He then sent me the meeting invitation while the meeting was in progress. Nice.

I declined. I don't go for such late invitations, unless it is urgent. This meeting wasn't. I was also working from home and didn't feel the need to be there for work that he had to do.

On Thursday, we had our team meeting. He basically spent twenty minutes of an hour-long meeting making a big deal about the tasks that he was working on and those that he hadn't touched. He also had a bit of a riff with our manager, which made him look like a jerk.

He talked so much that my team didn't get to share what we had worked on this week. I have a writer and a student on our team. We were all bored out of our minds listening to him.

The highlight? Both the writer and I looked at what the student had doodled in her notebook. She drew a snail. We all laughed. It was perfect.

4 comments:

  1. There's always got to be one in the bunch, CB. At least he's better than the trouble-maker. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it's a fact, Cat! Yes, he's definitely more tolerable than dreadful diva.

      Delete
  2. Glad that you got a laugh out of that doodle. it was very apt! (and i HATE unproductive meetings too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... the doodle was so fitting! I'm not crazy about attending meetings to begin with, let alone those that are a complete waste of time.

      Delete