Thursday, November 16, 2017

Botox

I would classify myself as low maintenance. I don't wear makeup all that often. I am very much a tomboy, except that I like doing my nails, and shopping for clothes now and again.

I did something different on Wednesday. I am an elite member on Yelp and decided to take part in an event at a beauty place. It provided your choice of a facial, filler (for lips), or botox for free.

All of these selections are so foreign to me. However, it would be a good introduction to any of them. I have never done any of these services in my life.

Both my guy and I have full lips. So, the filler option wasn't for me. I decided not to do a facial. The last thing I need is for my oily skin to break out because my face has been massaged more than usual.

Yep, I did botox. There is a first for everything.

For the longest time, I have had this fairly deep crease on my forehead. It is probably due to working with folks who possess either poor judgment or lack common sense. So, I probably raise my eyebrows a lot and end up saying, "Huh?"

I wanted to see whether my deep creasy line could be faded in some way.

This event was wonderful. I was greeted promptly and given a bottle of water. I filled out forms and waited until my technician was free. She was knowledgeable. She is a registered nurse. She explained the procedure and answered all my questions.

Sure enough, my deep forehead line could be faded away. She administered botox on my forehead. The needle didn't hurt. I just felt small pricks here and there.

It has been a day and I am seeing a difference. My crease line is shorter. It's pretty neat. And, yes, and I can still crack a smile and my forehead still moves.

Botox is expensive, though. My treatment would have been $300 had I not been invited to this special event. I am grateful for being invited. It is effective and I had a good first experience.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it was you, not me, CB. No unnecessary needles around me...I would have taken the facial. LOL Happy you were satisfied with your results.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad you'd take the facial. I couldn't do that. I am so pleased with the botox results. I'm impressed!

      Delete
  2. Cool beans! Is it something u'd have to get done regularly to upkeep the resulting lack in crease? How long does it last, do u know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to get injections every three months to maintain the absence of my forehead crease. I am impressed with the results so far. I'd say about two-thirds of the crease is gone. What's left of it isn't as deep as it used to be!

      Delete