Friday, June 20, 2014

T is for taxis and teasing

My guy and I literally work across the street from the airport. There are perks to having parking passes in a lot across from Pearson International Airport. When you have a flight to catch, you leave your car at work and take a taxi across the street to whichever terminal you need.

Mind you, for a five-minute-or-less ride across the street, taxicabs charge anywhere between $15 to $25. It's not cheap, but it certainly is much cheaper than paying a ridiculous $30 a day to park at the airport, depending on which parking lot you choose. It's much cheaper if you choose an offsite parking lot and get a shuttle ride to the airport.

Last week, my guy and I managed to squeeze in a lunch date before he left for the airport.
"Oh, I don't need you to drive me to the airport. I can take a taxi," he insisted, like the guy that he is.
"But, I want to take you," I replied.
"You know that I can expense my cab fare, right?"
"I know. I just want to spend as much time with you before you leave. I want to kiss you goodbye and hold your hand," I said.
"That's sweet, like you always are," he said lovingly.
A couple of days later, we were talking on Skype. He is a gentleman, thanking me for giving him a lift to the airport.
"My fear is taking a taxi back to my car at the office, and ending up touching his thigh and kissing him," he said, teasingly.
"If you do all that, can you capture it on video for me to watch?" I asked him.
"No, Cutiebootie!"
It's fun teasing him and getting him a bit worked up. It is almost my new hobby. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment