Friday, September 08, 2017

Training and laughing

It's a short workweek. I thank Labour Day for helping me out. However, it has also been a busy one.

I have one student for eight months. I am grateful. Last year at around this time, I didn't have any. I handled everything on my own.

I am back to training. For a while, one of my students took over that task. She created slides.

The downside is that I don't enjoy taking over other people's slides. I have to try and get familiar with them. At times, the flow isn't right. At one stage, twenty slides were duplicated in the same presentation!

It's funny how when I reviewed them, everything looked fine. However, when I actually dive into training, I realized that my hands-on method is far more effective than some of the videos recorded by past students

At one stage, both the new student and I were laughing at a video. The information was so confusing! Yep, I have flagged that video to be updated.

I am enjoying training again. It's a nice change of pace. Thankfully, the new student and I get along well.

2 comments:

  1. Happy you are enjoying your job again, CB. Hope you're going to take that presentation and just save the the slides that work. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I have great work moments, but there are still some low points. I am trying to stay positive. Working with students is, on the whole, a high point.

      Have a wonderful weekend, too!

      Delete