Friday, September 29, 2017

Training, questions, and dynamics

At work, I have been training for most of the week. The new hire told me that she appreciates my training her, which is nice.

I am still trying to gauge how she ticks. She's nice, but she asks questions that have nothing to do with the task at hand, at times. It's odd.

As an example, she asked me out of the blue whether we have hired students as full-time employees while in a training session about the writing tool. She is also fixated on another tool that our team will be migrating over to in six months.

I have another colleague that I am training on another aspect of my job. We get along well. She, on the other hand, asks questions that are work-specific. I like that!

It's an interesting mix. The good thing is that with my team of new folks, including my student, we all get along. Here's hoping that the trend continues.

My entire team thinks that it is amazing that I can talk all day. I guess that my guy and I are so chatty that it makes sense that we are trainers!

2 comments:

  1. The tone of your post is a lot more positive and upbeat than what it's been for the last few months, CB. Very happy to read this. Have a great weekend. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping that the positive train ride continues! Have a wonderful weekend, too. =)

      Delete