Sunday, September 10, 2017

Switches at an arts and craft store

On Saturday, I visited Michaels, which is a chain where you can buy arts and crafts supplies. I am contemplating learning how to knit and crochet.

I was in the clocks and woodworking section. When I was in grade 8, in my industrial arts (shop) class, I made a cork board with a built-in clock. I saw similar motorized clocks with hands and everything.

The store had clock faces made of wood. In my day, I used blue plexiglass for my clock face.

Next to the clock faces was a box that contained thin wooden sticks. They resembled switches, except that they were clearly sanded nicely. I tried how it felt when I tapped my palm. It provided a nice, light sting.

I don't like the thought of having the switch used on me to the point where it draws blood. However, I won't mind giving it a try, just to get some nice pink marks.

6 comments:

  1. So did you buy one of the 'switches', CB? You'll have to let us know how it feels. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I didn't buy it. It didn't have a price. I also recently bought that wooden spatula, so I think that I am good until we break another implement. At least I know where to get these makeshift switches. =)

      Delete
  2. Have never been intrigued by application of switches of the cane, which is the popular spanking implement in Great Britain from what I read. Much more excited by various types of paddles and hairbrushes. Would gladly bend over for that wooden spatula.
    Haven't noticed whether you wrote about the wooden spatula. What has been your experience with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As briefly hinted, I am not a fan of switches, either. I don't like the thought of drawing blood. However, this makeshift one at the craft store intrigued me.

      I haven't got around to writing about the wooden spatula. I have a few topics ahead of it.

      Delete
    2. I do like the riding crop. Especially if it is being administered by a strict dom in riding pants and boots. :)

      Delete
    3. My guy, early in our relationship, bought a cute riding crop. It wasn't the best quality, but the thought was nice. He used it on me and it broke. We still joke about the fact that my butt can take a lot!

      I liked the riding crop. You just reminded me that I should invest in a better one. =)

      Delete