Thursday, September 14, 2017

Vision improvements and iced chocolate goodness

On Wednesday, I went to my ophthalmologist for my fifth eye injection.

He is pleased with my recovery, as I am. I would estimate that 90% of the blood obstruction in my central vision is now gone. He told me that he doesn't normally start to stretch out injections for eye stroke patients this soon. I seem to be an exception. I am grateful!

I started off going monthly for my injections. My recently appointment was six weeks later. My next one is in two months.

My guy has always wondered why I wasn't optimistic about making a full recovery. He knows that I tend to be a positive person. I find that I deal with such uncertain situations if I go with the worst case. Anything better is an added bonus.

My ophthalmologist feels that my sight is practically perfect. I can't complain. I am definitely at a much better place than I was in late March.

I am still not used to having a needle going into my eyeball. I don't think that I ever well, but I can endure each procedure.

Instead of getting a lollypop after each session, I now go to the cafe next door to get an iced chocolate beverage that is both fudgy and yummy.

2 comments:

  1. So very happy to see you are improving, CB. Definitely deserve to reward yourself after enduring a needle to the eye.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! It's helpful to treat myself to something after being at the eye centre for nearly three hours.

      Delete