Sunday, July 29, 2018

Memories of a tram and more

On Saturday afternoon, my guy called me. I missed his call by nine minutes. I was on the road, driving. I eventually pinged him and we chatted.

He is currently in Istanbul.
"Remember the tram that we took when we were on the Asian side of Istanbul?" he asked me.
"Yes, I do," I said, reminiscing.
"It's gone. Even the tracks have been covered up," he said, breaking the news.
"Oh, no. I liked that tram. You took a photo of me when we were on it. Now, that photo means more than ever," I replied.
"It sure does," he agreed.
"I remember your telling me about when you were a kid trying to hop on the train and it didn't end that great," I said.
"Yes, that's true," he laughed. "You have an amazing memory."
"Thanks, sweetie," I replied.
It's good that we both have fond memories of the city and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment