Monday, July 02, 2018

World Cup fever

I am in a World Cup pool at work. There are roughly three women in a heavily male-dominated office pool.
"I am leading the pool," I told my guy.
"Really? That's cool!" he exclaimed.
"Thanks. I have been leading for over a week. I hope that I can hang on. That's the bonus that I never got at work this year," I replied.
"I have full confidence that you'll win it," he said, smiling.
My guy loves when he learns new things about me. I am a hockey fan. However, I have loved watching World Cup games since 2002. I got laid off in the States that year and moved back to Canada. I had nothing better to do than watch games at odd hours of the day.

Here's hoping that I can hang on and win.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope u win the pot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sadly, I'm in a three-way tie now for the lead. Here's hoping that I can pull through.

      Delete
  2. You can bet a spanking from your guy if you don't win.

    ReplyDelete