Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Keto diet and Mr. Meanie

My guy called me from the gym. I like when he works out and chats with me.

He was excited to learn about the keto diet. It's like the Atkins diet, but there seems to be a fasting component, too.

Doing a low-carb diet did me a world of good. I lost sixty pounds and have maintained it over the past six years or so. I got so inspired talking to my guy. I have re-introduced carbs in my diet, but I feel like going back to eating salads instead of sandwiches for lunch.
"I have only been on this diet for a week. I like it so far, " he admitted.
"That's great. Keep at it," I encouraged him.
"It's not like I want to be mean and lean. I just want to control my sugar levels," he explained.
"Well, you are my Mr. Meanie, so you're half of that still," I teased.
We laughed. I like when he tells me about things that excite him. He likes when I listen to him and get equally as enthusiastic.

2 comments:

  1. I love the low carb diet. It did me a world of good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear that it has been beneficial for you, too!

      Delete