Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Coming around and getting a spanking

For years, my manager has deemed me his go-to person for all important tasks. I got annoyed at how I ended up doing all the work and my colleagues just sat around and did little.

I realized why. He trusts me to get the job done. He doesn't have much confidence in the rest of my colleagues. It's a bad sign.

For the last few years, I have told him that I can't be the person who has all the knowledge. It has to be spread around.

Recently, he asked about how to handle the shortage of folks on my team for various reasons. I told him that there should be cross-training across our entire team. My tiny team does everything. The rest of the team has no idea how to do half the tasks that we do.

He liked that idea. He has come around.

This week, he wants our team to write three different proposals. He didn't assign any of these tasks to me. He gave them to three other colleagues. Nice!

I told my guy about this good news.
"It's about time," he said. "You do so much. It's your turn to take a breather."
"Yes, it's nice," I replied.
"Of course, you still need to do what I say. Otherwise, you go over my knee for a hard spanking," he threatened.
"Maybe," I teased.
I like being his bad girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment