Sunday, April 14, 2019

Colleague, friend, and more

I have a colleague at work whom I interviewed, trained, and ended up befriending. She has recently been promoted to a team lead. I am also a team lead. There isn't exactly a cash incentive for this title. It's just a title given to us by our manager.

Anyway, she has never been a team lead and asked if I could give her pointers. She told me that she likes my work ethic and thinks that I'm the best one to help her out. She is sweet.

She is currently on vacation in the United States. I asked the other day whether she needed a drive to the airport. She did. She thanked me for offering, both when we spoke and while I drove her to the airport.

Just before we left work on Friday to head to the airport, she asked me whether I could keep her jewellery safe for her. She lives with a roommate and doesn't have a safe. She felt a bit awkward asking me, but I am comfortable keeping everything safe for her. I promised not to pawn anything!

It's nice that we trust each other. Our friendship is fairly new. She is like the sibling that I never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment