Monday, April 22, 2019

Long weekend is over - looking at a busy workweek

The long weekend is nearly over. It has been great as far as my catching up on sleep.

This week will be busy. It is the last week for my two students before they head back to university. I have a colleague who has joined my team for over a month now. Although she is more competent than the one who was just let go, she does have some odd quirks.

Her punctuality needs work. She constantly says that she will get to work by 9:30 am, but it ends up getting worse towards the end of each workweek. Last Thursday, she came into my regularly weekly 9:30 am meeting at 10:10 am.

She also wanted to "hang out" with the rest of the team on Monday. We have some release work and wanted us to work in a room. She completely forgot what I had said last week, which was that we can't be doing all that. My students have a project that they have been working on with our manager. I am doing document migration to a new system. She has two releases to work on, with support form the rest of us.

She is considered a senior colleague as far as years of experience in the workforce. Yet, she doesn't appear to be senior. I did enjoy her odd e-mail that she had sent out to our team last week.
This weekend was short. I have a lot of stuff to do. I will work from home today.
Our manager wasn't thrilled with her response. I had a talk with her saying that she sounded like a high school student who had no clue how to write a decent e-mail and wasted time trying to clarify with our manager.

We'll see how things roll this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment