Saturday, April 06, 2019

Returning to my alma mater - a familiar homecoming

I attended a handful of free learning sessions at my alma mater, where I got my undergraduate degree. It was a great night out.

I hadn't been there in years. Many of the buildings have had facelifts. Yet, I walked on campus as if time had stopped. It was highly familiar to me. Second nature.

It makes sense that it felt like home. I spent four years of my life there.

I sat in a lecture hall where one of the sessions took place. It was the same lecture hall where I attended my first summer math course. The long tables and pull-out chairs are long gone. Bolted, fold-up chairs with tiny desks that you can fold down are their replacements. As technology has advanced, so has the lectern with tons of ports and cables.

All my math courses that I took on this campus were in this building. I felt like I was an undergraduate student again. It felt comfortable and right after all these years.

Weird. In a cool way.

No comments:

Post a Comment