Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Rolling out of bed

The night before flying out to Dallas, I checked myself into a hotel by my workplace. I needed to get to the airport early. I used my points, so it was a free stay.

I had set my alarm for 05:30. I had a room with two queen beds. It was a cozy room.

At said time, I woke up. What I didn't realize was that I was sleeping on the edge of the bed and my comforter was three-quarters draped over the left side of the bed. It's a clear indication that I was tired and the room was likely warmer than I was used to.

I went to stop the alarm going off on my phone. For the first time in my life, I rolled out of bed and onto the floor. The comforter was on the floor, which meant that I had a soft landing.

Of course, being barely awake, it took me some time to figure out that I was between two beds. I had to think about how to get up all twisted around a comforter.

I told my guy this story when we were sitting on the couch in our room in Dallass. We both laughed.
"Did you make a thump?" he asked.
"I thought that I would, but I landed on the comforter. It was a quiet landing. I never thought in my life that I'd literally roll out of bed in my life," I said.
There's a first for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment