Monday, January 28, 2019

Strong relationship with fond memories

Spending a  week with my guy has made us closer. We learned a lot about and from each other.

As an example, take driving in Dallas.
"There are u-turn lanes in this city," he said to me in the car, as he demonstrated.
"That's handy. It's less intimidating than doing it at a major intersection," I remarked.
On my last day in the city, my guy asked that I take some money out of his wallet to pay me for the dinner bill that I had taken care of the night before.
"It's weird to go into your wallet and take out money," I said, taking his wallet and giving it to him.
"It's okay. There's nothing in it," he said.
"That's true. We work for the same company, after all," I said.
Finally, we talked about our electric toothbrushes.
"We have the same electric toothbrush. I used my charger to charge yours today," I said.
"Thanks, sweetie," he said.
"No problem," I replied.
"What does it mean when the light turns red?" he asked me.
"It's means that you are brushing your teeth or gums too hard. You need to back off on the pressure," I replied.
"I see. That makes sense," he acknowledged.
Although our week together has come and gone, we have fond memories and a stronger relationship because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment