Monday, April 23, 2018

Changing restaurants, stepping up and down, and being a gentleman

I got tired of eating at the same Afghani restaurant three times last week. The fact that my order was messed up on all three occasions put a damper on my mood.

At noon, my guy called me on Friday and said that he was downstairs. I said that I'd be there in five minutes.

He wasn't downstairs, but I noticed that his car was parked outside. Nice!

I walked over and I got in.
"Are you good if we try shawarma today?" I asked him.
"Sure," he said. "I love shawarma."
"I know. When you called me a while back and I said that I was at a shawarma place, it's this one that we'll be going to. It's good," I noted.
"That's good," he replied.
"Turn left at the lights," I said, as if I were a GPS.
"I love your voice. I wish that your voice were on my GPS," he noted.
We walked into the restaurant. I told him to watch his step. He was impressed at how spacious the place was.

I got the chicken shawarma dinner, which comes with rice and salad. He got what I used to order, which was the beef shawarma with hummus.

He loved his meal. He even asked if he could take some of my pita. I was glad that he did, as I couldn't finish all my pita. I did polish off my entire meal.

When we left, he led. I didn't realize that he didn't see the step.
"That was an unexpected drop," he replied.
"That's because I didn't say to watch your step like I did before," I noted.
He got to his car and opened the car door for me. He's such a gentleman.

It has been a nice couple of weeks seeing him at the office. I was getting sad that I wouldn't see him this often, but he said that we'll try and plan something out.

2 comments: