Saturday, April 14, 2018

Cancelled lunch becomes a dinner date

On Friday at 11:30 am, my cell phone rang. It was my guy. I knew that it wouldn't be good.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey," I replied. "What's up?"
I heard a pause and a nervousness in his voice.
"We can't do lunch today. How about we have a late lunch or early dinner at 4 pm?" he said.
"Um, can we make it 4:30 pm?" I asked him.
"Sure," he replied.
It was an odd, last-minute cancellation.

My team of a student and a writer had asked me the day before whether I'd be interested in going out for lunch on Friday. I politely turned them down. After hearing my guy's breaking news, I asked whether I could join them. Luckily, they were great at welcoming me back.

Lunch with my team was great. We went to a restaurant that all of us haven't frequented before. It was good. I'm glad that everything worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment