Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My vacation is fast approaching and folks are worried about my being away

I go on vacation at the end of the month. I can see some concern among my colleagues, particularly my co-op students and my manager.

A few weeks ago, when I said that I was going to get my tourist visa from the consulate office, my manager paid attention. Since then, he constantly has the fact drilled in his head that I am on vacation for 2.5 weeks.

He is a worry wart. I gave notice of my vacation time five months ago. Yes, I am that prepared.

My guy says that my manager has every right to be worried. Without me, things will sink. My guy is sweet, but he does have a point. I am the longest serving writer on the team. I am knowledgeable. I am reliable and am good at what I do.

On Monday, one of my co-op students asked me when I go on vacation. I am easing her into some of my meetings. She is a bit concerned, but I tend to ease her mind. Same goes with the new co-op students. I guide them with whatever tasks that I give them. I do feel bad that I will be leaving them after a month since they first joined us, but they do understand that I am busy and deserve time off.

I am not sure whether I will be able to blog while in Shanghai. I do have a VPN, so that would be one method to try. I don't feel like writing a ton of posts before I leave. I like more spontaneous posts.

2 comments:

  1. Hey CB...Worst case scenario, you come back a mess you have to clean up but at least you'll be relaxed. As far as your blog goes...don't worry about it...we'll still be here when you get back and wanting to hear all about your trip. Enjoy your holiday...you really need to rejuvenate.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Cat. Here's hoping that I don't have to clean up too many disasters. It does show that what I do is important!

      On vacation, I typically don't blog all that much to begin with. However, I do have moments that I want to share immediately, so I'd like that access.

      I will definitely enjoy de-stressing while on vacation. It is much needed. I am looking forward to the long weekend coming up!

      Delete