Saturday, April 04, 2020

Eating a banana and exercising are helping with my foot pain

The workweek is over. I am thrilled.

I have been sleeping much better since I've made a couple of changes:
  • Exercise more
  • Eat a banana each day
Ever since I have been working from home five days a week, I get uncomfortable pain in my right foot. It wakes me up and I stay awake getting through the day in a zombie-like fashion. I generally get it perhaps once a month, but the frequency has increased as of late.

I first thought that my potassium levels were low. I take supplements, but they didn't do much.

One morning, I woke up with foot pain at 5 am. I decided to eat a banana. Roughly 1.5 hours later, I went back to sleep and my foot pain gradually subsided.

I tested my theory out since then by eating a banana every morning. So far, the pain hasn't returned.

I also think that exercise has played a part. I might adjust the banana routine by having half of one each day and continuing to exercise.

It has been an interesting experiment. I am thankful that the pain hasn't returned and I can sleep better.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. My wife gets foot pain and I will start leaving a banana by her bedside so she can have a bite in the early hours.
    Are you self spanking or just dreaming about getting a spanking in normal times.Do you live in Ontario?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear from you, Michael. I hope that your wife gets some relief with eating a banana.

      I tried eating a banana at night and going to bed. It didn't work as well, but I'm thinking it's because I wasn't exercising. I have been doing the banana-exercise routine for the last four nights and my sleep quality has improved significantly.

      I haven't done self-spanking since I last wrote about it. I will probably get back to that next weekend. In the meantime, I do dream and thinking about spanking. And, yes, I live in the province of Ontario.

      Delete