Saturday, June 23, 2018

Searching for a piece of my contact lens in my eye

I have been wearing contact lenses since my last year of my undergraduate studies. My experience cleaning and wearing them spans a couple of decades.

You would think that I have seen everything (no pun intended). Well, something new happened to me on Friday morning.

I did my usual routine of taking each contact lens out of my case filled with solution. I put my left lens in. I blinked. The lens immediately came out of my eye. It had split.

I was missing a chunk of it. My left eye felt fine. However, I had a feeling that it was still in my eye.

Naturally, I did a quick scan. I didn't see anything. I tried placing my finger over my eyelid and pushing down gently. I got nothing.

I could then feel something when I moved my eyeball left and right. I decided to gently cup water in my hand and dunk my eye in it. I did it several times.

Finally, I blinked my left eye and the remaining contact lens piece came out. Yay!

This experience was unexpected. I'm just glad that the missing contact lens puzzle piece has finally been solved.

2 comments:

  1. Oh i would have been in a panic. I suppose I should be thankful I don't wear lenses! Glad you got the piece out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, too! Luckily, it doesn't happen often. It was a fluke, but all is well. =)

      Delete