Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Reflections - ex-hubby's birthday and love for my guy

Today is my ex-hubby's birthday. It's strange that he has been out of my life for several years now. Yet, I still remember dates that I should forget.

Our wedding anniversary was June 5th. I thought about it briefly earlier this month. I remember how happy I was that day. Sadly, things did not work out.

He died over three years ago. It seems longer. He died too soon. However, I am at peace.

He wasn't upfront and honest with me during the first few years that we dated. That foundation of our relationship was cracked right off the bat.

I am in a much better place with my guy. I am thankful that he dropped into my life. He is my best friend and the love of my life.

It's true that through rough times, happier times ultimately prevail.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are in a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I think these dates stay with us forever. The ones that mattered anyway. It's good that you are at peace with the whole situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these dates seem engraved in memory. I've come a long way to get to this peaceful state.

      Delete