Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Feeling exhausted from work and not hearing my alarm go off

It has been a crazy few days at work. We have been working towards a major software release.

My small team of three finished our work on Monday. So we thought.

I was so exhausted that I didn't hear my first alarm go off at 07:45 on Tuesday morning. It's unusual for me to not hear my alarm. My second alarm at 08:00 went off. Thankfully, I heard that one.

I had a teleconference at 08:00. I logged on using my phone, rather than taking ten minutes to log in on my laptop. Thank goodness this teleconference was rescheduled.

Anyway, there was a pressing issue with broken links in our content. I don't own this content. Another writer, who was up at the same hour and is responsible for said content, was on a conference call. She isn't as pick-up-and-go as my team is. I just did the update. My mini-me helped with the other part of the task, which took up most of the morning.

My team rocks. We are also exhausted.

We just got word an hour ago that the software release was successful. Yay!

Now, I simply need to get through this week. My going on vacation is within reach.

2 comments:

  1. It must be something in the air. I totally missed my alarms yesterday too. Luckily i managed to get a cab to work and was only a few minutes late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that you made it to work a few minutes later than usual. My guy slept in till 9:30 am and got to work at 10 am! Luckily, everyone there was understanding about his jet lag.

      Delete