Sunday, June 17, 2018

Driving, delays, and lunch

Saturday came and went. I anticipated seeing my guy, I did, and he is off on a plane.

He called me at noon.
"I'm about thirty minutes from the restaurant," he said.
"You're early. I'm just heading out the door," I said.
"That's good. See you soon," he said.
I can tell when he is eager to see me. He is known to be late. Today, we reversed roles.

I decided not to take the toll highway, but the regular one. I realize why I like the toll. It took forever to get to the restaurant. On top of that, my fuel light decided to let me know that my car's fuel tank was running low. I went to fill my car up.

My guy called me a couple of minutes after 13:00, which was the time that we had agreed to meet. He knows how punctual I am.
"How far away are you from the restaurant?" he asked me.
"I just pasted the office. I'm about two minutes away. Sorry for the delay. Traffic on the highway was horrendous and I had to fuel up my car," I pointed out.
"It's okay. Take your time," he said.
I arrived at the restaurant and parked. I then walked up to my guy, who was sitting in his car with the door wide open.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he replied, getting out.
"You look summery," he said, looking at my Snoopy t-shirt, shorts, and sandals.
"It's warm, so I thought it would be a good look," I said, caressing his nicely shaved head.
We headed towards the restaurant. We were both hungry for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment