Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Teleconference vs. my guy's call

Every Monday, I have a conference call at 08:00. This past Monday, I had a different meeting, but at the same bat time. I drove into work on the call.

I had about ten minutes left of this conference call. My guy called me on my cell phone. I had to decline it. He was determined to reach me, so he called me again. I had to take it.
"Hey, do you realize that you are interrupting my conference call?" I said.
"I'm sorry. I'm driving into work. Are you there?" he asked me.
"Yes, I am. Can I call you back in five minutes or so?" I asked.
"Sure. Take your time," he replied.
Well, I ended our call and tried to resume my conference call. I couldn't reconnect. It was frustrating, as I didn't know what the final outcome was. I called my guy back.
"I couldn't get back into the call, so it's a mystery to me what was decided," I noted.
"I'm sorry, sweetie. I just wanted to hear you voice and see you before I fly off," he said.
"Where are you going?" I asked him.
"Cairo," he replied.
"That's pretty short notice," I indicated.
"Yes. I just found out about it on Friday. I'm gone for nearly three weeks. Did you want to do breakfast?" he asked.
"That's a long time. I already ate, but thanks," I replied.
"I'll call you when I fetch some breakfast and take it upstairs," he said.
"Sounds good. Drive safely and I'll see you soon," I replied.
"See you," he said.
Mondays are generally blah. Seeing him always perks me up, even though things weren't exactly smooth on this particular morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment