Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cheesecake and generosity

I have decent team members on my team.

A colleague, who is my mini-me as far as work ethic goes, has a birthday coming up. I suggested that I get a cheesecake to celebrate within our team. I had visited this bakery a month ago and loved what I had sampled. The catch is that this bakery is five minutes away from where she lives. For me, it would take me an hour to get there.

She offered to pick up a cheesecake for our team to celebrate a couple of milestones. I had a coupon and gave it to her. The discount was for one cheesecake. She bought two after hearing my raving about it. The bakery gave her the discount on both cheesecakes. Nice!
"Excellent! I'm glad you got a discount on both," I texted her.
"Me, too. It was a start-the-car moment... lol," she replied.
"Let me know how much I owe you," I noted.
"Nah, don't worry about it. You always bring stuff in," she replied.
I'm glad that I'm rubbing off on the team. It was a kind gesture on her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment