Friday, May 18, 2018

Early morning meetings and time

It has been a long workweek. I have had a conference call every day at 8 am, except for Tuesday. On Tuesday, my call started at 7 am and went for four hours. Luckily, this meeting happens once a month.

Needless to say, I am pretty tired of all these early morning meetings. I collaborate with folks in Europe and Asia. Thus, I get the short end of the stick and have to wake up early for these meetings.

Luckily, it's a long weekend coming up. I can relax before I do this early morning routine again next week. So far, I only have early meetings next Tuesday and Wednesday.

My manager is a time-waster. He books our weekly team meeting for two hours and seems to force spending the full two hours discussing anything under the sun. It's not a productive use of time, especially when he reads PowerPoint slides and doesn't comprehend what he is reading. The rest of us have actual work to attend to.

Anyway, I am off to bed early. I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment