Sunday, February 05, 2023

Dinner with a good friend about dating and my ex

On Friday night, I had dinner with a good friend. She asked me about the dating scene. I let her know that the ex had reached out to me.

I decided to write back to the ex on Thursday. I asked him how he was going to make this dinner that he had hoped for pleasant for me. After all, I'd be sitting across from a man who broke my heart, caused me so much anxiety, emotional pain, and depression for a year. I do not want to relapse.

He hasn't responded.

I let my friend know that I wasn't ready to date. I know that I am not ready.

She said the nicest thing towards the end of our time together over dinner. She said that I have the kindest heart and will eventually find the right person who will deserve my heart. She's equally as deserving of that special someone. We are in similar situations.

I don't think that my ex has changed since we last saw each other over three years ago. In his message to me, he said that we "always have a good time." No, we don't. I feel like he is delusional and is only thinking about the good times that we've had. He is omitting how poorly he treated me at the end of our relationship.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure someone will come up for you when the time is right. It's important for you to feel good about them. That would never happen with your ex. It can only happen with someone new, because then you can build that trust from the start.

    You may need to find someone in your area (man or woman) who can filter the men for you, so that you get a guy who enjoys spanking, but in a way that works for you. So, they will need to be open to the kind of relationship you want.

    And obviously, your new man is going to like your panties. That's a given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, RP. You made me smile.

      You are right. I need a new person in my life. And, yes, he must like my panties. =)

      Delete
    2. Well, *I* like your panties! But we'll have to draw the line at that.

      Delete