Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Communication with the ex

I wrote back to the ex late last week. Yesterday, I got a reply from him.

I basically asked how he would make it comfortable for me if we do meet up. I indicated that I'd be looking across the table at a man who deeply hurt me, causing me emotional pain, anxiety, and depression. I didn't want a relapse.

He wants to start over with me. The thing is that he doesn't deserve to have my heart after shattering it. I have been fine without him in my life.

I doubt that he has changed. I don't know if he wants to. I got no indication that he does.

2 comments:

  1. You are better off to move on. You know what you got with him. If you were dissatisfied with it then, you are very likely to be dissatisfied doing it again it the future.

    There are any number of other men around. Explore your non-work interests and look for someone who has a common interest.

    That's likely to be a much better future for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. The odds that he has changed are slim.

      I'm still not ready to date, so the exploring is still on hold.

      Delete