Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Poutine and fries

I went out to fetch some dinner on Tuesday night. I craved poutine, which is a Canadian dish. It's fries, with cheese curds, smothered in gravy. This place puts smoked meat on top.

I have a love-hate relationship with fries. I grew tired of them as a standard side with everything. Burger and fries. Fried chicken and fries. Sandwich with fries. Ugh!

There are some places where I don't mind getting fries. Costco has amazing fries that are lightly coated with batter before they are deep-fried. I like them with gravy. I also love McDonald's fries.

As of late, if I don't like the fries, I need some sauce or condiment to dip them in. It could be curry sauce, ketchup, or basil mayo. Otherwise, I will skip getting fries as a side, and go with either a side salad or onion rings.

Poutine is perfect. I get fries, cheese curds, and gravy. It's the perfect trinity of goodness in my books.

My smoked meat poutine was fabulous. I have been craving it for a while and I'm good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment